Thursday, February 18, 2016

Too early to make call on Rio partner: Sania Mirza




Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza on Wednesday said it is too early to take a call on who she would partner in mixed doubles at the Rio Olympic Games.
The confident Sania though believed the best possible team should be fielded in the multi-sport extravaganza. “Who knows who is going to be healthy and who won’t be healthy. The most important thing people should know is that the best team should be put forward. Now, I don’t think is the right time to take that call,” Sania said.
Ahead of the 2012 London Olympics, there was a controversy over selection of the Indian doubles team. Asked about her preparation for Rio Games, Sania said she is at the moment focused on tournaments preceding the mega event.
“I just played a final on Sunday so I am not preparing at this very point because I have been playing six weeks in a row. I was in three different countries in the last three days, and I fly back to Dubai tonight again and we play on Tuesday in Doha, so I have a few days to hit,” he said.
indianexpress.com/article/sports/tennis

No comments:

Post a Comment